12 Of Biggest And Silliest Myths About Drinks Which You Should Not Believe In
When it comes to drinks, there are always different beliefs and opinions about them, and about the effects they have on our bodies. Here are some of the biggest myths:
1. – It is a myth that the Cola contains much more sugar that any other juices.
– It is true that the Cola contains less than 10 % of sugar, whereas the other juices contain more than the Cola.
2. – It is a myth that the Cola can digest meat for a few days.
– It is true that the Cola cannot digest meat, but it can be used as marinade.
3. – It is a myth that tea can be kept in a teapot for 24 hours.
– It is true that we should drink the tea immediately, in order to prevent the formation of chemicals.
4. – It is a myth that the water should boil when we prepare tea.
– It is true that tea can be cooked on 90º C, whereas green tea on 70º C.
5. – It is a myth that there is more caffeine in the coffee than the tea.
– It is true that a well-prepared cup of tea may contain more caffeine than coffee itself.
6. – It is a myth that for stronger drinks, more alcohol is added.
– It is true that yeast can add 13 % more alcohol, it is not necessary to be added.
7. – It is a myth that we should drink 8 glasses of water a day.
– It is true that the standard is different for everybody. However, it has not been proved yet.
8. – It is a myth that juice can satisfy thirst.
– It is true that only water can satisfy thirst, because juice is considered as food.
9. – It is a myth that we should drink a glass of juice in the morning.
– It is true that we should not drink anything on an empty stomach, because the acid has side effects on it.
10. – It is a myth that only children should drink milk.
– It is true that everybody should drink milk, except those who are allergic on lactose.
11. – It is a myth that people can get overweight by drinking beer.
– It is true that the beer is a product which contains less fat that snacks. We can get overweight by eating snacks.
12. – It is a myth that we should drink more milk when we are sick.
– It is true that the milk makes the sputum more sticky and more difficult to be taken out.