How To Make Your Home Smell Good With This Brilliant Trick
1. Place eucalyptus sprigs in your bathroom
Eucalyptus sprigs are not expensive at all and you can find them in all gardening shops. Tie three sprigs together and take a Command hook or suction cup made of rubber to hang them in your bathroom, onto the shower head. When the heat or stem hits the eucalyptus, its natural essential oils are released.
2. Whenever you change your furnace filter add two or three drops of your favorite essential oil on it.
3. Homemade air freshener with citrus rinds and salt
Scoop out the inner part of limes or lemons with a spoon or knife and fill the rinds with sea salt. You can also add fragrance power or fresh herbs such as mint and basil to make the smell even better. Put them in a room to soak up all bad odors and make sure your pets or kids cannot get to them.
4. Use glass candle holder with candle wax leftover to deodorize your car.
When the weather is hot, the wax in the candle will melt and release your favorite fragrance throughout your car.
5. Put plain oats into a bowl and place it in the fridge
Plain oats can absorb the bad smells as well.
6. You can use a car air freshener for the vent in your home
You can also make your own clip-on freshener by using a clothespin.
7. Put newspaper into a trash can to catch drips and absorb bad odors
8. Put a few drops of essential oil onto cotton balls and place them all over your house
You can put these cotton balls in pillowcases, dresser drawers, bathroom cabinets and between the couch cushions. Make sure the cotton balls are out of reach of your children and pets.
9. Put a bowl of vinegar to refresh your room
Vinegar is excellent in neutralizing and absorbing the bad odors.
10. To keep the fresh smell of the clothes in your luggage place a dryer sheet inside
11. Bake a vanilla extract
Put two tablespoons of this extract into a mug or oven-safe dish and bake it at 300 degrees for about twenty minutes.
12. Boil apple peels, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves and orange rinds in water
13. You can freshen the garbage disposal by placing freeze lemons into vinegar
14. Apply five or ten drops of essential oil on a clothespin and put it in your car to freshen the air
15. Place dryer sheets to the back of the A/C vents
Secure the dryer sheets to the back part of the A/C vents by tucking their edges under the diffuser or by using a tape. This allows the air to move the scent throughout your house.